Sunday, May 15, 2005

Satan returns

Well, Fred Phelps anyways. The man who even gives homophobia a bad name with his Nazi-esque views is planning to join his followers to protest a middle school in Lowell, Massachusetts because the winner of an essay contest wrote about openly lesbian Ellen DeGeneres. They're going to follow it up by protesting the high school because they recognized a Gay-Straight Alliance at the school.

Homophobia is bad enough, but this is the man who claimed Pope John Paul II is a spawn of Satan, who thanked God for all the Swedes killed by the tsunami, who picketed Matthew Shepard's FUNERAL. He has no shame, no morals, no sense of decency whatsoever. He is hate personified, and while I don't usually advocate violence, he's one of a select few whom I would love to kick the living hell out of. I can't think of any words that thoroughly describe the hate I feel for this man, even though my Lord says I should not hate. It's sad that people should be so blinded by their hate as to take these measures. They claim to preach God's word, but they are incredibly selective with their usage of God's word. They are a smear on the good name of Christianity, and I hope that their fate in hell is to suffer some sort of indignity, like maybe being molested by the minions of Satan. (I don't know, I just can't think of anything better at 10 pm on a Sunday night).

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Argh. These kinds of people are not only obnoxious to those who aren't aligned with their idealism, but those who are, too (sorta, anyway). Like Randall Terry for example. Who is going to take me seriously, when Randall Terry is out on a soapbox, saying that its okay to bomb abortion clinics? Argh.

Molested by Satan's minions? That's freaky. And gross. Ew.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Thad said...

I was trying to think of something as ugly as possible to express how I wanted them to suffer. Best I could do.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home