Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm for freedom of religion

but, reading the things I'm hearing about the TomKat baby, I don't think I can really defend Scientology as religion. It really seems to veer onto the edge of being a cult. Carrying signs into the TomKat house to remind her to be quiet during childbirth so the child isn't traumatized. I mean, come on. I'm sure my mom, your mom, and a lot of moms out there screamed their ass off. My mom told me she almost broke my dad's hand and arm grabbing him so hard. Childbirth, from what I hear (being a guy, I am anatomically prevented from knowing what it feels like), hurts like hell, so I think screaming is justified.

Not to mention, Scientologists feel contact with non-Scientologists should be limited, which is real nice for Grandpa and Grandma, being kept away from their first grandchild. These guys also don't believe in anti-depressants (witness the Brooke Shields-Tom Cruise battle last year), think some guy named Xenu from another planet is responsible for human life, implanted memories of Jesus, Islam, etc., and reincarnation.

It is difficult to reconcile some of my favorite actors (John Travolta) being mixed up with this garbage. How does John live in the same town as me and yet seem to be on another planet? I don't know what's up with the Kool-Aid in Hollywood, but I sure as hell am not going to drink it.

P.S. You can call me intolerant if you want, but I never said they can't practice their beliefs. I think calling it a religion is a stretch, and I think they are out of their everloving minds to believe in this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Scientology creeps me out. It just creeps me out.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Thad said...

You and me both.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home