Wednesday, April 20, 2005

And it won't just die

As I blogged about this weeks ago, it comes down to this. You're a pharmacist, not my preacher, and you don't deserve "protection of your morals" in this case. Filling a legally prescribed prescription is not murder, and "protection of your morals" is for people who don't want to participate in war, for instance. I'm tired of people who think birth control is infanticide. It's NOT. If people would think about this, they would realize it helps LOWER the amount of abortions in the world. And condoms, which my Catholic Church is so crazy about not using, helps prevent the spread of HIV and other STD's.
Mankind has always had sex for reasons other than procreation. Again, the Old Testament is being used far too literally by people who are ignoring the New Testament. I wish people would just understand this for what it is. Humans are what they are. There are far better places to moralize, places where it would do a lot more good, than the pharmacy counter.
I'm not a fan of abortion, either, but sometimes it is necessary, and we should do everything we can to make it as unnecessary as possible, and that means dispensing Plan B or the birth control pill without giving some poor woman a hard time. We reduce abortions by allowing birth control. We reduce abortions by using our heads. Virtually every woman who has one has a very difficult time with it. The choice is not easy. I've seen some of them do it. I know.
I close with the immortal words of Everlast.
"Mary got pregnant from a kid named Tom/who said he was in love. He said don't worry about a thing baby doll/I'm the man you've been dreamin' of. But three months later he said he won't date her or return her call/And she sweared god damn if I find that man I'm cuttin' off his balls. And then she heads for the clinic and she gets some static walkin' through the doors/They call her a killer, and they call her a sinner, and they call her a whore. God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in her shoes/'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to choose. Then you really might know what it's like..."

1 Comments:

Blogger jj said...

I think if a pharmacist can refuse to do their job for "moral" reasons then of course the waiters can refuse to serve alcohol because it is morally reprehensible to them and if the waiter can refuse to do their job on moral grounds then......and on and on to a theocracy.


PS Thad the link to my Truth Be Told blog is not working just to let you know. Thanks

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home