Monday, April 04, 2005

A couple of notes

First of all, this blog is going to be in semi-remission for a little while. I'm dealing with some very personal problems right now, and they are precluding me from doing the work I would normally be doing. I greatly apologize for this, and hopefully things will get better soon so I can resume full-time blogging.

Secondly, wingnuts just can't help themselves. This is a well-known fact. But Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) just joined the Tom DeLay school of royal screwballs. This is from the Senate floor earlier today (hat tip: Josh at TPM)

"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence."

Wow. Blame the killing of a Chicago judge's parents on her "activism." I mean, all she did was be rough on white supremacists, but I guess that's being an "activist" in Cornyn's eyes. Hood in the closet, perhaps?

Or, better yet, a rapist on trial shoots the judge, court reporter and a deputy to death. Because presiding over a rape trial is really activist. Does Cornyn sympathize with rapists and murderers? Is a presiding judge at a rape trial an "activist"?

Yeah, that's what I thought. And since Cornyn's all into biblical judgements, perhaps his tongue should be cut out for blasphemy. Or maybe he'll just do us a favor and slap some red duct tape on his mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home