Thursday, July 07, 2005

Terror returns

I've been cussing. Oh, have I been cussing this morning. I didn't turn on the news right away when I woke up this morning, and it wasn't until about an hour ago that I heard about London, and I've been glued to the TV ever since. Thank God NBC is being responsible about covering this, because without cable or DSL right now, I'm so stuck ten years ago....sigh. The DSL should be taken care of soon, and hopefully I can do this more often, because I don't have much time otherwise.

Anyways, the fear level is racheted up some out here, it seems, and I have a feeling people are going to ditch the Metrolink trains out here for a while, let alone the buses. Gridlock will get worse, and then in a few weeks, people will remember how much they hate driving here and go back to mass transit. Mayor Villaraigosa rode a Metrolink train to stop a loss of confidence, but who knows how much faith people will put in it. This is bad, and I don't know whether this attack was opportunity because the G8 diverted security elsewhere, whether it was because of the Olympic announcement (i.e. the winner being the target), or just revenge on Blair for his support of America. I hate to say this, but I think the evidence is obvious that we are not far off from an attack here, and we need to prepare for that. And I know this one is unpopular for sure, but I think it may be time to plan an exit strategy and timetable to leave Iraq. We are going to soon need those troops elsewhere, and they need to be ready for that as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home